Internap Optimized Network
What makes GigeNET’s network special?
With eleven premium bandwidth providers delivered through two diverse points to our private datacenter, our 100% uptime network provides the performance and reliability that you expect for your hosting infrastructure. Redundant Juniper routers direct traffic over our private fiber optic network, delivering it to your servers on Cisco’s 6500 series switching platform. In addition, a partnership with Internap provides routing optimization that reduces network latency by up to 50%.
How does Internap make GigeNET better?
Traditional networks are managed using BGP, a protocol that attempts to improve network performance by measuring the distance (number of hops) between the end user and the server they are accessing. The shortest distance between two points is not always the fastest. Utilizing Internap’s FCP-10Gx routing optimization appliance, every path out from our network is continuously monitored for latency, packet loss, route stability, and congestion. This method of routing optimization ensures maximum network performance:
- Continuously monitors every outbound route for latency, packet loss, route stability, and congestion
- Automatically routes traffic around major network outages
- Manages network issues such as IP network brownouts
- Proactively identifies and chooses the best path at all times
Our Transit Providers
- Global Crossing
- Comcast Peering
- Equinix Exchange Peering
- 111 N. Canal St, 2nd Floor, Connectivity Multiple OC192 (10 Gigabit Ethernet), expandable to 480Gb/s
- 350 Cermak, 5th Floor, Equinix, Connectivity Multiple OC192 (10 Gigabit Ethernet), expandable to 480Gb/s
- Connectivity Between 350 Cermak and 111 N. Canal, Dark Fiber (10 Gigabit Ethernet), expandable to 80Gb/s
- Future expansion to 600 S. Federal, Chicago