Internap Optimized Network Overview
With multiple premium bandwidth providers delivered through two diverse points to our private datacenter, our 100% uptime network provides the performance and reliability that you expect for your hosting infrastructure. Redundant Juniper routers direct traffic over our private fiber optic network, delivering it to your servers on Cisco’s 6500 series switching platform. In addition, a partnership with Internap provides routing optimization that reduces network latency by up to 50%.
Want More Information?
Locations and POPs
- 600 S. Federal, 7th Floor, Telx, Multiple 10 GigE, expandable to 480Gb/s
- 350 Cermak, 5th Floor, Equinix CHI1, Multiple 10 GigE, expandable to 480Gb/s
- Diverse DWDM fiber optic ring connecting 350 Cermak and 600 S. Federal to our Arlington Heights data center
- 600 W. 7th St., Los Angeles, CA, 1st Floor Telx, 6th Floor Equinix LA1, Multiple 10 GigE
- 44470 Chilum Pl., Ashburn, VA., Equinix DC3, Multiple 10 GigE
Our Transit Providers
- Equinix Exchange
- Comcast Peering
How does Internap make GigeNET better?
Traditional networks are managed using BGP, a protocol that attempts to improve network performance by measuring the distance (number of hops) between the end user and the server they are accessing. The shortest distance between two points is not always the fastest. Utilizing Internap’s FCP-10Gx routing optimization appliance, every path out from our network is continuously monitored for latency, packet loss, route stability, and congestion.
Internap’s Best Features
- Continuously monitors every outbound route for latency, packet loss, route stability, and congestion
- Automatically routes traffic around major network outages
- Manages network issues such as IP network brownouts
- Proactively identifies and chooses the best path at all times